Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Trek

Yesterday I went for a long, long, walk. The weather was so nice and I had something on my mind, so a long walk was called for.
First I trudged to CVS. It is about three miles to that. There were some things that I wanted to get there. Their spices are very inexpensive. It was not an inexpensive trip as there were some vitamin supplements that I wanted.
Secondly I went to the Post Office to get some stamps. I am tired of paying a zillion dollars for ten stamps at the convenience store.
Thirdly, the main reason for the walk occurred. I went to the grocery store, about two more miles. Why the grocery store? Yesterday morning I felt an urge to make Swedish Meatballs and try a new recipe for triple chocolate mousse cake. I overdid it a little as the bundles were a bit heavy walking back to where I live. It was more than worth the travail. It was a beautiful day and I needed to get out and have the dust blown off of me. The walk back from the grocery store is only about two miles as the entire trip is one big circle.
When I returned I reheated some chicken and tumeric and took a nice long nap after reading for a while. I am looking forward to another stroll today, as soon as the Sun comes up. There is still more chicken in the pot for when I return. Chicken, tumeric, tomatoes, olives, leek, garlic, onion, chicken broth, peas, broccoli, corn, and heavy cream make a nice dish, over a large amount of rice. Five drops of Tabasco make it just right. I weaken and add just a few drops of soy sauce. I know it is not good for me but it just seems right.

No comments: