Friday, August 28, 2009

Morning glory

What a glorious morning, the weather is cool, the Sun is bright, and the humming bird is browsing the nasturtiums. I have been up since three A.M. and welcomed the sunrise. I am even wearing long pants and a shirt, something that I have not done in a while.
I have been reading about an old friend, Gilgamesh. The story about the Flood makes more sense now that I read the National Geographic article about the Marsh Arabs in Iraq. Build an ark, simple. Just turn the house upside down, tar the inside, pitch the outside, and the ark is done. I guess that that discounts the idea of the Atlantic Ocean breaking through at Gibraltar. Still, there is Ballard's discoveries of the villages beneath the sea near Turkey. Will we ever know where them silly unicorns lived?
I am rereading a number of things that I read in my youth. So many things make sense now that didn't then. Does this mean that some time in the future I will be able to understand Hawking?
I am overrun with tomatoes. Each day I make a fresh tomato sauce. It seems a shame to use Brandywines in a sauce but what am I going to do with a surfeit of tomatoes? My little pals the fruit flies are loving this.

No comments: