Thursday, September 1, 2011

At last!

The days of Fall are finally here. Cool mornings and warm afternoons and even cooler nights have been anticipated for some time. All is well in this tiny little town.
I have not heard from some people that I long to hear from but they have their own lives and I remember those days of scurrying and bustle, trying to deal with the business of living. Things are slower and simpler for me now and I wish them the same blessing.
It is just getting light outside now. Sunrise is about an hour later than it was just a short time ago.
The landlord has complained about the squirrel feeders I set up on the porch. He is fearful that the squirrels might damage his new automobile. I moved the feeders to the ground several feet from the stairs. I put them under the stairs so the squirrels don't have to worry about hawks. Mister Peanut doesn't have to worry about his car now but he has another reason to worry about squirrels.
I recently purchased a hummingbird feeder and will try to set it up today. I am sure that he will object to that. The humming of the birds might interfere with his communication with the alien spaceships that are in orbit overhead. He is over ninety and still spritely and active. He will hang around until there is a vacancy in the Trinity. He is hard on his son, as he should be, and hard on his greatgrandson, as he should not be. He believes that the Democrats are trying to destroy America which leads to some interesting conversations between him and me.
I miss the rational thoughts of my children. They are three of the five people that I have respected in my life. Conversation with them consists of a free exchange of ideas and thoughts. There is not an outpouring of opinions that have no basis behind them or a litany of superstition
and prejudice. They think about what they are saying before they say it. This makes them pariahs among the rest of the human race.

No comments: