Tuesday, November 30, 2010

When in Doubt

Yesterday was another day of tissues and hot tea and an ennui that just won't let go. I spent a significant amount of time on my porcelin throne. I am the king of that small room.
Ambling around, mumbling to myself, I resorted to my time honored solution. "When in doubt, Cook!". I made another attempt at Lidia's Sunday sauce. It may have been successful. The sauce is fine and the sausages are fine (as always) but I haven't tried the braciole yet. The braciole needs a few more hours simmering in the sauce. I haven't made the meatballs yet but I will attempt that today. They only require an hour in the sauce and I just ran out of energy and wasn't looking forward to grinding the beef and pork. So I hope that by the end of the day that the meats will have all melded together and the braciole will be acceptable. The last time that I made it, the beef slices were too thick but this time I sliced them very thin so I could forego the pounding. The only thing that I left out was the prosciutto as that would require a trip to the grocery store and, Lo and Behold, I just wasn't up to such a trip.
Kristen, I was so touched by your description of that boy's birthday purchases. Please let me know how I can join your compassionate endeavor. If the rest of the world were more like you, I would have to begin an intensive search for something else to be morose about.

No comments: