Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pot Roast.3

I tried pot roast again. This time I used a rump roast. I left the meat in the oven too long and produced a nice large beef chip. The gravy was another story. It is fantastic. Red wine, beef stock, herbs, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar produced a slurry of ambrosia.
I have a new treat. Instant mashed potatoes with garlic are wonderful and don't require hours of clean up, just one pot to clean.
Today will be a day of experimenting. When I was at the grocery store (I genuflect before entering) I got some leeks and a fennel bulb. I will see what tasty treats lurk in those green wonders.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oooh, leeks and fennel! I just made a carrot and leek soup that was wonderful.

In my organic produce delivery today, I got watermelon radishes, kale, leeks, rainbow carrots, potatoes, butternut squash, and beets. I've got root veggies coming out of my ears! I think it's time to dig out the deep fryer and make some veggie chips.