Saturday, July 31, 2010

A welcome change

I am usually adverse to any type of change. There has been a change in the weather that is really welcome. The last two mornings when I stepped out onto the porch to have morning coffee, I had to go back inside to put a shirt on. It is that cool, almost cold out before the Sun comes up. I have been harvesting peppers and parsley and herbs from the containers. I have actually had several ripe tomatoes and have a cucumber and greens that will soon be a salad. I don't think that I have had a salad in years. We are entering August and soon it will be the blessed sweater weather. The leaves will turn, there will be frost on the porch, and we will enter into the restful time of Winter and hot cocoa and pies and baking. That is one of the attractions of New England, there is always another season coming. They are all anticipated greatly and don't wear out their welcome by staying too long. These changes are good.

No comments: