Wednesday, July 28, 2010

In the Middle of the Night

Here I am again, up in the middle of the night. It isn't that I have trouble sleeping. The problem is that I have no trouble sleeping at all. It is midnight and I have already had ten hours of sleep.
It was hot and humid yesterday so I retreated to the coolness of the bedroom and started to read. The last thing that I remember reading was some Wordsworth and I must have dozed off around two P.M..
It is very pleasant right now. There is a cool breeze coming through the window and I am listening to Katydids in the trees outside. The sound of Katydids is pleasant but makes one glad that Katydids have no access to electric amplifiers. They are not exactly melodious. Katydids would be a good name for the band of the boy next door. Unfortunately they do have access to electric amplifiers. They do not have access to the knobs that turn down the volume. Neither did I when my Father used to holler up the stairs "Turn that darned thing down!".
So "As you sow....". Who knew that reaping could be so many years away?

No comments: