Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Once More

Once more my place is overrun with planting things. The seeds came last week, three of the plants came today. I have Ericka's fantastic seeds to plant.
This morning I went to the hardware store and got greenhouse planting trays. Unfortunately the hardware store has 45% off on all of its seeds. I only got three packets. I was at Home Depot with my brother several days ago and Home Depot has Burpee seeds for $1.07. Three more packets. I now have about thirty different kinds of seeds. I planted Ericka's hot pepper seeds several days ago and they are already coming up. So are some Big Boy tomatoes.
I put the plants that came today into pots in a sunny window. There are two French Tarragon plants and a rosemary plant. The tomato plants that I ordered will not be shipped until the end of the month. They are Brandywine tomatoes and I am looking forward to them.
If I get all of the seeds planted today, I will have 144 seedlings when the sprout. The porch is twelve by four. It is going to be a bit crowded out there.
Tomorrow I am supposed to help my Brother sheet rock his kitchen. That is going to be quite an event. Two Swedes sharing one task. I can hear it now "I don't think you're doing that right, let me try it.". I have worked with my Brother before and that phrase is heard quite often. It will be a good day and I am sure that a nice steak will be cooked. I am sure that my sister-in-law is dreading that the steak is not all that will be cooked. She doesn't have to worry. We are renting a piece of equipment to help with the ceiling and only have it for one day so no foolishnees can be tolerated. My Brother works like a buzz saw and I am sure the entire kitchen will be done before sundown. He will have to do the taping and sanding by himself as that is one task I have never mastered. He manages to get it as smooth as glass. When he works, he is so intense that things get done quickly and correctly. One thing that I admire about him is that I have never heard him say "That's good enough.". If things don't pass his high standards, he will tear it all down and start over.
Enough rambling, I am going to take a short nap and then head back to the seeds.

No comments: