Friday, April 17, 2009

Squareheads know square

Today will be a banner day. I will be able to see my Brother today. He is my reality check, something that I am always in need of and always have been. I wish that I lived within walking distance of him. I get a special feeling when I am with him, a feeling I can't put into words. It's almost as if I am with my Father for the two of them shared so many characteristics. He even looks like my Father. Strength, honesty, common sense, and a subtle humor are the things that emanate from him and also did from my Father.
We are supposed to go to Home Depot to get more sheet rock. We will bring a framing square and a tape measure (3 squared + 4 squared = 5 squared).
Today I will make sauce Bolognese. Yesterday I roasted a pork blade roast and have a lot of leftover pork for the sauce. It was a good meal. Pork roast plus corn plus asparagus go well together. I have a new method of roasting. 500 degrees for the first twenty minutes and the reults are spectacular. No more browning on the stove top, one less pan to wash, and fond to please the gravy gods.
I have seedlings all over the place. The tomato plants are six inches high. I have a rosemary plant and two French tarragon plants and more plants due to come by the end of the month. They are all still inside. I will put them out after April 19th. That is the traditional date for no more frostin Massachusetts. If I don't get them outside by then, I am going to need a weed whacker to get into the bedroom. Ericka's seeds have sprouted and the hot peppers look promising. I have been looking forward to them since Christmas. I didn't plant the corn as I raise all of my plants on the porch and if I start growing corn on the porch I am sure that I will end up in a room decorated by Goodyear. The disadvantage of a life of 5's is that there are no 10's. The blessing is that there are no 1's.
The French tarragon really is different from the Russian. The licorice flavor is more intense and the sharpness is gone. The fresh Rosemary is much milder than the dried. I have eight pots of Basil growing. I so enjoyed having fresh Basil growing just outside the door last year. Maybe this year there will be pesto!

No comments: