Saturday, March 22, 2008

Post posts

I woke up this morning, at 1:30 A.M., with an overpowering urge to delete the last two posts in this blog. There is a show on television, yes I am still watching television, about a man that drives a UPS truck. His father-in-law lives in his cellar. The father-in-law is as crazy as a loon, constantly raving about inequities and imagined slights. He is sure that the world is conspiring against him. His name is Arthur. I don't want to be like Arthur. My life is good. My children are healthy, I am free from pain, I have a full belly and a warm place to sleep. I have enough resources to make it through each month. Life is good.
There were times in my life when I was happier than I am now but I didn't realize it at the time. Life was too hectic and there was the constant desire to do better. I look back now and realize the high points of my life. The day I was wed, the days each of my children were born, and the day my brother became my friend. Each of these days have one thing in common. They are family related. I was raised in a community that stressed the acquisition of knowledge. I have lived most of my life surrounded by the Paradise of family and still sought out Knowledge. I think there is a book that addresses this issue.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Dad - I don't think you're Arthur at all. I really enjoyed your last post and agree with it. I'm not sure bringing the saxophone back to the White House would be a good thing - he seems to be self-destructing as well - but we need that kind of hope, that kind of person who cares about ordinary human beings and the disadvantaged.

R asked me today when we were going to visit you because he loves you. So maybe we can come next weekend?