Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Guten tag

Yesterday was a good day. Nothing alarming happened and a few good things did happen. A minor foreboding was averted. I was able to help out another human being in a small way. Helping that individual has become a daily occurance. It is time to suggest to him that he should probably get a job. He is about forty years old and his eighty six year old Father is his sole source of support and shelter. I mentioned this to him once before and the litany of troubles that unleashed was endless. He was in an automobile accident about ten years ago and can't seem to get motivated since. He got a substantial settlement from the accident which he spent on a boat. His ex-wife now has the boat. The story goes on and on. When he got to the part about hearing voices and having evil dreams, I helped him out, literally and figuratively. He comes knocking at the door each day. I am torn between empathy and foreboding. He wants to get a job as a tree remover but he is afraid of heights. I can empathize with that. When I was a boy I wanted to be a cowboy. When I was in Texas I tried but had a major disqualification. It didn't seem fair. I am not afraid of cows and they don't call them horseboys, so I don't think it was fair. Life isn't fair, it is just gloriously wonderful. I have lived longer than Alexander the Great did, longer than President Kennedy did, and longer than Chance Vought Jr. did. Life has been and is Wonderful!

No comments: