Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A not so hottie

The chorizo wasn't as hot as I had been led to believe. I had never had it before. It is sort of like kielbasa with large globules of fat in it. It still has all of the nasty things in it that kielbasa has so I think that I will stick with kielbasa or make my own without the nitrates. I am reticent to make sausage at home due to the possibility of it getting hot while being ground and therefore becoming deadly. I am a Swede so putting in my obituary "Died from Lutefisk Poisoning" is o.k. but "Died from Chorizo Poisoning" is not acceptible.
This brings up something I have been wondering about. Almost all insurance, be it car or life or house, states that the insurance will not pay if the incident was due to an act of God. Using the term God suggests that insurance companies accept the presence of God. If they do then they must admit that everything that happens in the universe is an act of God because God controls everything. This seems to say that they will never have to pay any claims at all. This is wonderful news for the insurance company that covers British Petroleum. It is not such good news for British Petroleum. The matter will be dealt with by the British Petroleum Not Such Good News Department who will deal with it when they get the time. They have been quite busy lately. They are up to their arse in alligators.

No comments: