Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fixed

The telephone is fixed. It has been several days since I was able to get dial tone. The repairman came out yesterday and found a trouble in the line and fixed it. Being without the telephone has been quite an experience. It also reminds me of the time many years ago when we had the telephone disconnected. That time it became apparent that there were no disturbances during the day or night. This time it became apparent how much time I had on my hands. Without the telephone there was no access to being on line with the computer. How many hours I waste each day being on line was never so glaring. It also became apparent what a useless device the computer is without on line access. You can only play so many games of minefield before you become aware that the thing's only purpose is to monopolize your day. I have a bridge game and a chess game and a scrabble game and after a while I began to think "You are wasting a pretty good life by staring at the cyclops on the desk.". So another resolution has been made. I will Wikipedia each morning and then get out in the wonderful New England May weather and walk and talk to the neighbors and enjoy this wonderful ease with which I have been blessed. I worked fifty years to come to this point and it is time to enjoy it. The green grass, the green trees, the chirping birds, and the Simpson clouds are all waiting to show off their splendor. No dial tone was a clarion call to stop being an air waster and start living.

No comments: