Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Meatballs

Yesterday I made Swedish Meatballs again. They came out even better than before. I think that the secret is making the meat mix really runny before cooking them and using beef stock and chicken stock in the sauce. I gave most of them to the man downstairs as I have seen him cook and almost all of what he makes is based on Hamburger Helper. I don't understand that as he is French. His heritage is French but he is as old Yankee as the Pepperidge Farm guy. The Indian is crying on all of his nickels. I will make the meatballs again soon as I have plenty of sauce left over and simply need to defrost the meat.
The weather is incredible here. It is a classic New England September. The Mother bumblebee is still visiting the nasturtiums each morning. The little ones have gone somewhere else but she will be around next Spring after her Winter sleep. The geese appear to have all passed by as I no longer hear their honking in the morning. The tomatoes have exhausted themselves and there are just a few small green ones on the vines. The herbs and chard and spinach and beets are loving this weather, as is the gardener. Ericka's cherry peppers are doing well and I have some mystery peppers that I don't remember planting. I think that they are Poblanos.
My old nemesis is back and it is time to let him know that he is no longer welcome. It is time to "Ease on down the road.",

No comments: