Monday, May 2, 2011

Sow it Goes

A man is dead. The entire country seems to be reverberating with the sound of rejoicing. The repercussions of his death are yet to be known.
I was pleased that our President did not hoop and holler with joy over the man's death. He just quietly announced it.
I will sit and ponder this event. I cannot rejoice over the death of a human being, no matter what the justification is. Life is too precious. When I pass, I know that there will be minor rejoicing in several small quarters. I will not go gently but I know that some day I will go. Say of me then that "He walked softly and tried to do no harm. He was not a titan or a demon, he was just a man.".

1 comment:

shaun said...

Funny,
I had the same kind of reaction to the news of the assassination of Bin Laden. Honestly I am a little disturbed by the way so many people really rejoiced over it.
I hope no one rejoices over my death like that.