Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring?

What a day yesterday was. The Sun was shining, the river was roaring, and the birds are back in the cedar tree. I took a long walk and, lo and behold, I ended up at the grocery store. I picked up a few things, mostly canned tomatoes, and walked home. I got the makings for pizza and baked macaroni. I also used the blood pressure machine that the store has. I may have to get in touch with the Guinness Book.
When I got home I considered what to make. Canned tomatoes over elbow macaroni with Asiago easily won out. Unfortunately my old nemesis was once more victorious.
A daily walk to and from the grocery store may be in the future if the weather continues to be so nice. The exercise will help, if I can only stay away from salty things. I don't use salt in cooking but pepperoni and cheese are neccessary for decent pizza. I can remember when I used to salt steak until the salt stopped getting wet and then put soy sauce on top of it. Those days are gone but the bottle of soy sauce in the refrigerator still poses its sirene-like allure each time the door is opened.
So it will go. A daily walk, time spent perusing the vegetable aisle, and walking home listing to the right because of the tomato overload. Are sausages a vegetable? I hope so.

No comments: