Thursday, September 18, 2008

Up at five A.M. Coffee on the porch in the dark. It was not really dark. The horizon was lightening in the East, the Moon was so bright that shadows were being cast. I could actually see my breath. Fall has arrived overnight. The air is crisp and clear, there are signs of Halloween in the stores. Something else is happening.
My brain is running in high gear. Memories from long ago and recent times are flooding my thoughts. Seemingly insoluble problems have suddenly been resolved. I look forward to dreaming as many pleasant thoughts are there. I lay awake this morning with one thing coursing through my mind. I have been blessed with three incredible daughters. Not only are all three strikingly brilliant but all three are heartstoppingly beautiful. Most people have to settle for one characteristic or the other in their children but I have both. All three share another thing. They have a tenderness that molds their thoughts and lives. Blessed is this father of daughters. I have often wondered what it would be like to have a son. It couldn't possibly be this good.

3 comments:

shaun said...

I think son's are pretty cool, But you know I am biased having a grand total of 5 now.
But, I totally agree about your daughters, especially the middle one... Peace

Kristen said...

Hi, Dad! Still up for a visit this weekend? We were thinking of maybe taking you out to go apple picking (and cider- and donut-buying). There's a farm just 6 miles from your house that looks really good.

Kristen said...

Hi, Dad! Thought you might appreciate this:
http://www.michaelpalinforpresident.com/