Thursday, April 10, 2008

Big Plans

I have big plans for today, big for me at least. I awakened at 2am and could not get back to sleep. Today I will clean. It is a little cool and misty outside and I have no reason to go out. Yesterday's walk was much longer than usual so I will pass on that. I feel like making bread and lasagna. I haven't made pasta in quite some time and I still have the machine. I haven't got any semolina flour but all purpose works fine. I resolve to not watch television today. It has been several days since the last time but it is difficult to ignore the couch's siren song. I am infested with ladybugs. I know they lost their house in the fire but couldn't some of them find another place to stay? They are only in the bedroom, where they spend the day crawling up and down the window until they expire. Maybe I should change my socks, it's close enough to May. So much to do and so little time, the days are just packed.

3 comments:

shaun said...

It's Johanna, and the days are just packed, aren't they? There's some Sesame Street song about ladybugs where they sing about the high cost of fire insurance for ladybugs, at the ladybug picnic...beware, they secrete a foul smelling and slightly poisonous goo.....

Cap'n Slappy said...

And I get the Calvin and Hobbes reference. Had to sort of transition Michael off of these books, onto Tintin, because Calvin does some "not school friendly" stuff. Shaun and I want to fly you down to us for a week, it's really cheap from TF Green. Would you be ok with this, and is there a time that would be best? Between the 2 places, we have 6 bedrooms, and a lot of space, and I really really miss you and the kids have heard lots of stories(that chair has four legs)but are dying to meet you in person. Call me at the big house, or on my cell phone(and before you shrug it off, think how much cheaper it is for us to fly you here than for seven of us to fly there......) And I really truly need you to see this place to totally get my craziness, and I need to show you St. Leo, a few towns away, that gets ONE TRAY OF MAIL, ONE CARRIER, where I desperately want to move. So, ok, give me a call, I know we can work transportation out, and there won't be any unpleasantness regarding anybody, it's a really big area, and, whatever. Call me. I love and miss you.

sandwhichisthere said...

There will probably be no more posts from me. I had to switch from Firefox to the new Netscape browser as Firefox couldn't connect to Netscape and Netscape doesn't seem to work with posting, although I can comment. Johanna, see the comment on Slappy. Was there really a Saint Leo?
The only experience I have had with saints was when I was confirmed. You have to take a confirmation name and it has to be that of a saint. I picked out a name I wanted and my Mother got very angry with me because there is no Saint Sagebrush. I ended up with Michael.
The annual ladybug picnic has been combined with another celebration and will be known from now on as the Teddybug picnic. If you go out in the woods that day, be sure to take a friend and watch out for the goo. I am up too early but that thought just raced through my mind.