Saturday, February 16, 2008

Well

I went outside to watch the sunrise, something I do almost every morning. I came back inside quckly. It is colder than the vertical water excavator's derriere outside. I don't have to go out until Monday and I don't think that I will. I like the cold weather but, like Cheez-its, sometimes there can be too much of a good thing. I have a container of Ghiradelli cocoa that some very dear people gave to me and I think that I will put a serious dent in it today. Molasses cookies will be made and enjoyed. Yesterday was pizza but if I want more, I will have to make more dough for the crust. There are still plenty of the other ingredients. I have enough chicken thighs to make a chicken marching band. I think that I saw one once on Mulberry street.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Yes, I am pretty much done with this cold. And, we're out of Ghiradelli cocoa! (gasp!) The last time we tried to find it at the Christmas Tree Shop, they were all out. Hershey's just doesn't cut it. I've become a cocoa snob. :-)

Ericka said...

Blasphemy! One can never have too many Cheez-Its. If you find you do, donations of Cheez-Its are willingly accepted at 1733 Arlington Ave :)

I'm done with the cold too. But I remind myself, when I get to thinking that it would be nice to move someplace warmer, that the cold is necessary to prevent grotesquely large bugs from taking over the Earth. It seems to help.

sandwhichisthere said...

Ericka, there is something about the cold that I can't explain. I have an affinity for it that is a mystery. Warm places are nice in the Winter but they degrade as the seasons change. I have enjoyed Springs in the South but I also spent an August in Arkansas and an August in Kentucky. I also spent an entire Summer in Texas along the Mexican border. They were not pleasant. You are right about the bugs. I also spent a Winter in upstate Michigan. That should have cured my attachment to the cold but it didn't. Spring is coming sweetheart, the process of renewal begins,
daddy